Tuesday 31 August 2010

--I HEART--

So happy the sun has decided to grace my last few days of holiday with its presence. Carnival yesterday was amazing-we all bought those sports-teacher whistles and got the weirdest looks walking through Hyde Park afterwards, blowing them every few feet. (Shame on you, if you saw innuendo in that). Bit busy at the moment, desperately trying to sort out all the little things I should have done over the last 9 weeks but never got round to. But here's a list of the things I'm currently keen on:

1. Parkas. I didn't buy into the whole military trend at all over the summer, and I'm now berating myself for not buying any of the olive-green merchandise on sale at Topshop last month.


2. Socks. I think they can only be worn with heels, and seeing as I never wear heels it doesn't look like I'll be wearing (conspicuous) socks anytime soon, but I can still appreciate them on those who do wear them.


3. Biker jackets. (As always). Actually today I ordered a faux-leather shearling jacket from River Island (to my intense depression and head-hitting self-directed anger the Topshop one I saw back at the start of August was sold out). Here's hoping it's nice...


4. Big baggy sweatshirts. I currently have 2, both white, both recently sequestered from my mum's wardrobe. Perfect for wearing with jeans, shorts, leggings...Basically anything except the trackies they were originally designed to accompany.


4. Backpacks. I salute anyone who can pull a rucksack off without looking like an ill-informed kid on the first day of secondary school, although the burgeoning number of 'cool' bags out there is steadily increasing, so perhaps I should change down my salute for a more restrained nod.



5. Ultra-short, bum-cheek-revealing denim cut-offs. What, you didn't think I'd compile a list solely of winter/multi-seasonal items, did you?


(fashiongonerogue.com; studdedhearts.blogspot.com; theones2watch.com;akilaberjaoui.blogspot.com)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much!

I have a self timer camera, so yes i take photos myself :)