Friday 27 August 2010

--*ULTIMATE* PEA COAT--

I got my new winter coat yesterday! This Topshop one-a grey military pea coat. Or should I say ultimate pea coat-for that is how it's described online. Noice. (<--Not a typo-this is the sarcastic tone my friends and I use on occasion. I thought it was time we introduced this phenomenon to the greater population).

It was a source of great sadness to me that my lovely H & M navy military coat (fairly similar to this one in fact, as coats go anyway) was stolen last winter not long after I bought it, and I had to live out the rest of the winter in:
-My puffy red 'country' jacket (which when layered over a hoodie and cardigan, as is necessary in the winter, made my arms ridiculously thick and immobile so that I was forced to walk around with them sticking out at weird angles)
-This massively oversized chunky cardigan with a flower pattern knitted in. Sounds ironically chic, and I thought so too for a while, but coming back to it this year made me realise just...no.

Anyway, so now I have a nice new coat! Which came in handy yesterday as on my way across Hungerford Bridge to the National Theatre (I saw Alan Bennett's 'The Habit of Art', really good play-I recommend it if you're in London and at a loose end, as they have tickets from £10) I got caught in a sudden downpour and my tank top suddenly became very inadequate. I was going to go into a massive spiel about Topshop now, and coats (not necessarily Topshop coats, just in general), but I'll save them for laterrz.



It reminds me of this Burberry look. It kind of has the same silhouette when you don't button it up.

(topshop.com; style.com)

2 comments:

Rebecca Maureen said...

I can't believe someone stole your coat! How awful!!

Claire said...

i'm the biggest fan of alan bennet - so jealous you got to see one of his works. love the coat too. I'm saving for the green pea coat from topshop.. the furry collar is calling my name.

xx