Wednesday 22 September 2010

--FOR A CHANGE--

Because I really am too tired to concoct a wildly exciting photo post today, I decided to post some of my own photos instead. Just a few-this isn't some massive vanity trip. They're left over from a bouquet my parents got me after I found out my GCSE results (n'aw, cute eh?) and because I am supremely lazy I let them die in my room and never got round to taking them downstairs. Every time someone mentioned it, I would vaguely mutter something about wanting to take photos of them, despite their shrivelled state.

Eventually I thought dead flowers was probably some kind of bad karma, and I should probs clear them out. But first I took some photos anyway. I was so surprised how they really don't look that dead at all-I didn't edit any of these, I just used an old school anglepoise for lighting, changed the colour settings on my camera to vivid and chose the highest clarity option.

I think they turned out quite well, but what do you think? Want to see the ones in black and white?








(own photos-please credit)

3 comments:

Rebecca Maureen said...

Yes for the b/w. These are pretty darn amazing.

The Photodiarist said...

I love photos like this.

supercalifragilisticexpialidocious said...

dead roses always have so much more character than live ones . somehow .