Sunday 10 October 2010

--LOOKALIKES--

Just a short post-I'm enjoying lazing on a sunny (Sunday) afternoon. Why this weather has to come right at the end of the weekend, once I've done all my rowing, I just don't know. Still, better late than never, I guess.

Prompted by an editorial in the Sunday Telegraph magazine, which I thought featured Caroline Trentini but it fact featured Lydia Hearst, I mused (briefly, very briefly) on the topic of models who look like each other. Doppelgangers, wie man in Deutsch sagt. I came up with these two as obvious-anyone got any others? I reckon looking like another successful model can be useful to a newcomer, but they also risk being stereotyped as a mini-me of their lookalike, which in the long run could be more of a hindrance than a help...



Caroline Trentini//Lydia Hearst



Cindy Crawford//Kendra Spears

(nymag.com; thebeatardsnyc.com; w-skincare.com; images.huffingtonpost.com)

2 comments:

Eri said...

Nice post!
Your blog is great and I really enjoyed it.

Hope to see you soon.
Pretty Portobello

Rebecca Maureen said...

On the first one I thought it was the same girl...!