Sunday 3 October 2010

--GETTING LOW--

Long skirts have been all over the internet recently-proper long skirts, not the mid-calf-length 50s-style ones shown on last season's catwalks. It's a more flattering shape by far, but I'm still not sure whether to invest in one for myself or not. Zara and Topshop have some nice ones (and I haven't even been actively looking), but they seem really impractical for winter (like the 'trackies in the puddles' problem, only worse), and you kind of have to wear them with heels, of which I only own one pair-London teenagers don't really go for the day heels look. However, I love simplicity and jersey, so staying away from an item which combines both could well prove impossible...We'll see how my finances are looking once I've bought this month's round of magazines!

(I still haven't got the latest Pop-been saving it for a rainy day. I wanted to get it today, actually, as the weather seems suitably miserable, but after the worst rowing session of my life I wasn't feeling too motivated to leave the house again).

























(altamiranyc.blogspot.com; stockholmstreetstyle.feber.se; altamiranyc.blogspot.com; christeric.blogspot.com; citizencouture.com; garypeppervintage.blogspot.com; jesslovesfred.com; mrnewton.net; stockholmstreetstyle.feber.se; nast-magazine.fr; thephotodiarist.com; stockholmstreetstyle.feber.se; thesartorialist.blogspot.com; thestreethearts.com; vanessajackman.blogspot.com; vogue.co.uk; mrnewton.net; stockholmstreetstyle.feber.se; stylescrapbook.com)

3 comments:

Rebecca Maureen said...

I don't have a skirt likes this, just a dress. First floor length I've ever bought but they're so easy! This post is very inspiring for me to wear it more! P.S. You should go for it. I bet you can find a pretty cheap one if you were afraid of it being ruined.

Unknown said...

In the second picture, the girl is like an angel!
Thanks for sharing.
Regards from Utopia blog!

supercalifragilisticexpialidocious said...

you are awesome for featuring christeric and gary pepper . and i've always wanted a nice flowy long skirt , but i am too short , and you're right , puddles and heels . sigh .