Tuesday 22 June 2010

--SUMMER LOVING: PART ONE--

Yesterday I had a massive scare-during my daily perusal of Fashion Gone Rogue (which, if you take a glance at any of my photo credits, you will see is a large source of all the editorials I post) I came across a fall editorial. WHAT?! Summer has barely hit England, and already they're thinking of winter?! Upon closer inspection I found numerous fall campaigns and lookbooks already posted which somehow my exam-addled brain had not noticed before.

I don't mind telling you that this was a bit of a shock to the system. I love fashion-duh, state the obvious why don't I-but sometimes I feel like this constant pressure to look forward detracts from enjoyment of the present. Just when all I want to do is wear shorts and a tank top all day long, I'm being bombarded with images of Karlie Kloss standing around a garden buttonned up to the neck in tweed.

Well, it's a bit early in the morning for a rant and a philosophical discussion, so I'll cut to the chase and say that the imminent arrival of fall fashion has prompted me to resurrect all those summer editorials from my exponentially-expanding photo folder, and post them. Not all in one go, obviously, but in an ongoing process. Food for thought, etc. etc. Here's the first batch-hope you like the selection.




















(fashiongonerogue.com; thecherryblossomgirl.com; fashiongonerogue.com; lefashionimage.blogspot.com; ilovewildfox.com; fashiongonerogue.com; inafractionofasecond.blogspot.com; fashiongonerogue.com; tobaccoandleather.blogspot.com; studdedhearts.blogspot.com; fashiongonerogue.com; studdedhearts.blogspot.com; fashiongonerogue.com)

7 comments:

Disneyrollergirl.net said...

Hello! And good luck with the exams!

Mila said...

Oooooooh such amazing photos!

Nina said...

These photos are so inspiring!

Good luck on those exams ... I'm sure you're going to nail each and every one of them!

luciana said...

Beautiful pictures, and so inspiring :-*

Tania said...

So beautiful! I love how they all fit ^^

I was shocked when I watched the 2010/11 A/W shows in FEBRUARY! Honestly, what is this world coming to? It makes me think, do they design for summer... the summer before?!

http://toruu-tania.blogspot.com/

Jason Laucht said...

wonderful photgraphs!

http://jasonitos.blogspot.com

be.aoi said...

so beautiful! so inspiring