Tuesday 14 July 2009

Couture Fall '09-Jean Paul Gaultier

The theme of this collection was old silver-screen Hollywood sirens, and it worked. OK, so it was one of the more RTW-couture shows rather than blowout-fantasia, but the whole collection just oozed luxury. Some of the dresses were so utterly Oscar-ready it was unreal. All in all, not a collection I fell head over heels in love with at first sight, but rather one that worked its magic gradually.

One question though-why was the model wearing the last look wearing iPod earphones? Very strange. I was watching the video (because seeing stills is completely different to watching how the clothes move-plus I am always fascinated by watching models sashay gracefully down the runway wearing shoes that I can hardly stand in) and for the first half of the runway she was accompanied by 2 techies in black holding her hands-call me old fashioned, but isn't that a slightly strange practice for a couture show? Hm.










No comments: