Monday 13 July 2009

Couture Fall '09-Elie Saab

My first reaction to this collection, even before I had clicked open the first thumbnail, was how similar it was to Chanel's last season couture, being solely in white. Hm. Just a tad awkward for Mr Saab in that it made him look like a total wannabe.

However. Once I actually opened that first thumbnail I was enlightened about Elie Saab's complete geniosity. WOW. I LOVE IT. SO MUCH. I admit that the 46-look collection did drag a little towards the end (there's only so many floor-length white dresses you can look at) but the level of detail was spectacular and as for the dresses themselves...well, let me put it this way-if you know anyone who's getting married and who also happens to have rather a lot of spare cash... I'm not even joking, I actually saved every single look from 14 through to the end. I found it tricky to narrow my favourite looks down to 20, and by the time I got to 15 I was having to talk myself into clicking the delete button each time in order to reach my self-imposed limit of 10. I find myself genuinely hating the models who got to wear those fantastic creations. And I'm not one of those people who tends to suffer from irrational hatred.










.

No comments: