Saturday 11 July 2009

Couture Fall '09-Christian Lacroix

Before I comment on the collection itself, I should just mention that Lacroix is my favourite couture designer of all time. It's like he designs for my imagination personally. All his shows are complete fantasias of amazingness and luxury-no minimalist crap from him, he pulls out all the stops every time. Except, of course, this time. Because, as every remotely fashion-orientated person should know, Lacroix's business has recently been 'put into administration' (I quote from Style.com), i.e. he no longer has the money, the manpower and basically the means to design. This collection was produced with minimal time and money, with only the models being paid due to the French law. And yet-and yet...

It was beautiful. Talent like this cannot be supressed. Even the plainest of his clothes have that magical something-it's like fine art. All the detail and the cut and the material come together to form such wonderful clothes. I can't really articulate further than that how much I love Christian Lacroix, but a picture paints a thousand words, or however that saying goes, so just look and see if you don't fall in love with him too. (This collection was only a little longer than Givenchy, but I sure had no trouble finding 10 looks I loved enough to post).










No comments: