Saturday 2 May 2009

Tim Walker

I saw Tim Walker's exhibition at the London Design Museum last year and it only helped to fuel my love of his quirky, beautiful photos. I don't recall how I first discovered him but I hounded my mum to take me to the exhibition until she said yes. She didn't enjoy it that much, but I loved it-loved the collages that he creates from each shoot, loved the photos that had been blown up to cover whole walls, loved the dreamy atmosphere that every photo creates. I have a calendar on my wall which is what prompted me to write this gushing post-so many of his photos are reminiscent of lazy English summers, drinking tea and eating strawberries and cream...Also I find some of his photos really remind me of Luella's floral-print dresses...maybe it's just me?












No comments: