Monday 25 May 2009

Anticipation

It's exactly a week till my birthday-and actually I'm not that excited. It's a combination of the week of revision/forthcoming exams which are at the moment completely occupying my mind, and also the sad fact that the older you get the less exciting these landmarks in the year become. I remember when the whole of May would be tinged with excitement about my upcoming birthday; when my feverish anticipation of Christmas would grow throughout December until, on Christmas Eve, I would barely be able to get to sleep. Now, however, I can't even work up enough enthusiasm to think about a party, despite my mum's eager hints to help me organise something.

One good thing, however, is that I'm pretty sure I'll be getting a camera-finally! After so many months without one I'm starting to get desperate. It was the only big thing I asked for, and I found a Jessop's camera catalogue lying around the other day, so I wouldn't be surprised...Hopefully in a week I'll be able to post all the things I've been holding on to for ages, unable to put up because of my LACK OF A CAMERA!

No comments: