Saturday 16 May 2009

Rubik's Cube

How cool are these salt/pepper shakers?! I dream constantly of the day when I have my own flat/house and can decorate it in my own amazing way (dream is definitely the right phrase-no doubt I'll just end up sticking a few paintings on the walls and calling it a day, but it's nice to imagine!). These funky shakers would definitely have a place on my table.


Looking at other people's houses is always a source of inspiration/unspeakable lust for me. As well as the Home sections of the Sunday newspaper supplements, I also LOVE designspongeonline.com. As well as posting fun new projects from small design companies, they have before/afters that their readers send in (ranging from chairs and lamps to whole houses) and 'sneak peeks' of homes of people involved in design. I'm telling you, some of those houses are AMAZING. They're all so original-every time there's something that makes me go, "Now why didn't I think of that before?!" Rather like these Rubik's Cubes, really.

No comments: