Sunday 7 February 2010

--SNAKESKIN--

To be honest, snakes kind of freak me out. I remember once we had one of those zoo companies come to our school (I must have been about 4) and they hung a snake round my neck. Fucking terrifying. However, I'm not at all averse to a bit of snakeskin clothing. (Fake, of course. I hate the idea of wearing a real animal. I know that's hypocritical because I wear leather shoes, but I think designers who use real fur and crocodile skin etc. are just stupid. Have they never seen the fur protestors outside Harrods? Well, probably not actually, but it's impossible that they haven't heard any of the gruesome facts about the use of animal products in the fashion industry. Stella McCartney is a goddess for being so anti-all-that).

Anyway, woah, didn't mean to turn this into a rant about animal rights. But it's funny how there's so much snakeskin around all of a sudden, non?

British Vogue March 2010
Alexander McQueen S/S '10

Paris Vogue March? 2010

(trendhunter.com; models.com)

No comments: