Monday 15 February 2010

--THE FUTURE OF FASHION SHOWS--

Two very interesting blog posts today (The Sartorialist and Disney Roller Girl) about a similar topic-namely, the changing nature of fashion shows in today's industry. Now, I'm not really qualified to weigh in on this topic, having never attended a show myself, but I don't think I would enjoy this whole 'public view' thing that the future is apparently heralding. For me, the exclusiveness of shows, the aspirational mysteriousness they exude to the uninitiated, is one of the exciting things about the industry; I idly dream of the day when I'll be able to sashay past the surly security guard and take my seat to watch the magic unfold (even if that seat is in the very back row). Fashion is already so much more public than it used to be, and I think that opening the shows to whichever of the masses can afford to pay would remove that last remaining sense of mystery and magic which still lingers in places.

Just a thought.

No comments: